Like all businesses and retailers, we are closely monitoring the ongoing developments related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). While The Sherry has cultivated an environment of exceptional safety standards that meet local and state requirements and industry best practices, we have made the difficult decision to close to the public until May 31, 2020.
The safety and well-being of our associates and customers is our highest priority. We know that caring for you and your loved ones is the most important concern right now. We will do our best to help. Thank you again for being our guest and for trusting us during this critical time. Be assured we will continue to work hard to maintain your trust and confidence.
We encourage you to keep dreaming about your travels to The Sherry and beyond. We look forward to the day we can welcome you once again.
Wishing you and yours continued good health,
The Sherry Netherland
Directions to The Sherry-Netherland
The Sherry-Netherland is located on Fifth Avenue directly across from Central Park’s main entrance, Grand Army Plaza. View driving directions below from the city’s three major airports.
Via Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge Lower Roadway
- Head southwest on Central Terminal Drive toward LaGuardia Road, continue onto 94th Street, turn right toward Grand Central Parkway (signs for Grand Central Parkway)
- Continue on Grand Central Parkway to 31st Street. Take exit 45 from I-278 East
- Merge onto Grand Central Parkway, continue onto I-278 E and take exit 45 toward 31st Street
- Continue on 31st Street to Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge Lower Roadway, turn left onto 31st Street, turn right onto Northern Boulevard
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge Lower Roadway (signs for State Rte 25A E), follow East 60th Street to Fifth Avenue
John F. Kennedy International Airport
Via I-678 North and I-495 West
- Get on I-678 North from 130th Place and Bergen Road, head south on I-678 South, take exit B toward 130th Place, keep right at the fork and merge onto 130th Place, turn right onto Bergen Road, at Federal Circle, take the 5th exit onto the I-678 North ramp
- Follow I-678 North and I-495 West to Borden Avenue. Take exit 15 from I-495 West, merge onto I-678 North, take exit 12B for Interstate 495 West/Long Island Expressway toward Midtown Turnpike, merge onto I-495 West, use the right 2 lanes to take exit 15 toward Van Dam Street
- Take Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge Upper Roadway and East 63rd Street to 5th Avenue in Manhattan, merge onto Borden Avenue, turn right onto 30th Place, turn left onto Thomson Avenue, use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto the Queensboro Bridge ramp to Bridge Upper Roadway, continue onto Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge Upper Roadway, use any lane to turn left onto East 63rd Street, use any lane to turn left onto 5th Avenue
Newark Liberty International Airport
Via I-95 North * This Route has Tolls
- Get on I-78 Express East/Phillipsburg–Newark Expressway from Express Road, Head southeast, use the middle lane to keep right at the fork, use the left lane to continue toward Express Road, use the left lane to merge onto Express Road, use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left to stay on Express Road, use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left to stay on Express Road, use the right 2 lanes to turn slightly right onto the Turnpike North ramp to I-78/I-95/New York/Garden State Parkway, keep right at the fork, follow signs for Holland Tunnel/New York City and merge onto I-78 Express East/Phillipsburg–Newark Expressway
- Take I-95 North and NJ-495 East to Dyer Avenue in Manhattan, New York. Take the exit toward 42 Street/Uptown/Theater District/NY-9A from NY-495 East, merge onto I-78 Express East/Phillipsburg–Newark Expressway, I-78 Express East/Phillipsburg–Newark Expressway turns left and becomes I-78 East/Phillipsburg–Newark Expressway, take the exit toward Interstate 95 North/Interstate 95 South/NJ Turnpike North/NJ Turnpike South, keep left at the fork, follow signs for Interstate 95 North and merge onto I-95 North, take exit 16E toward Lincoln Tunnel, continue onto NJ-495 East, keep right to stay on NJ-495 East, continue onto NY-495 East, keep right to stay on NY-495 East, follow signs for 42 St/I-495/NY-9A, take the exit on the left toward 42 Street/Uptown/Theater District/NY-9A
- Take 10th Avenue, West 65th Street and 65th Street Transverse to 5th Avenue. Continue onto Dyer Avenue, turn left onto West 41st Street, turn right at the 1st cross street onto 10th Avenue, continue onto Amsterdam Avenue, turn right onto West 65th Street, continue straight to stay on West 65th Street, continue onto 65th Street, turn right onto 5th Avenue