Exclusive Shops Only Steps From Our Hotel Near Central Park
Glamorous. Chic. Stylish. New York City is recognized worldwide as a center of high fashion. Shopping in Manhattan is certainly an experience to indulge in, as you are sure to find what you are looking for – no matter how large, rare or small. Located just steps from Central Park and Fifth Avenue, The Sherry-Netherland hotel places you in the heart of Manhattan’s acclaimed shopping districts.
Fifth Avenue and 57th Street are home to upscale shops and department stores. A small selection of familiar names found on Fifth Avenue are:
- The Apple Store: The NYC Flagship Glass Cube Store
- FAO Schwarz
- Saks 5th Avenue
- Bergdorf Goodman
- Tiffany & Co, Bulgari
- Van Cleef & Arpels
- Louis Vuitton
Madison Avenue is home to one of the world premier shopping districts. A leisurely stroll along this famous street will acquaint you with architectural marvels, men's haberdashery and the five-block Crystal District between 58th and 63rd Streets. New York City shopping is not complete without visiting Madison Avenue's luxurious designer shops and boutiques, including:
- Barneys New York
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Gianni Versace
- Donna Karan
- Calvin Klein
- Carolina Herrera
- Vera Wang
- Giuseppe Zannotti
- Cole Haan
The Upper West Side hosts New York City shopping with a view of Central Park at Columbus Circle Mall – home to upscale retailers including:
- Thomas Pink
- Williams Sonoma
- Armani Exchange
- Hugo Boss
- Eileen Fisher
Wonderful Central Park Manhattan Restaurants Near The Hotel
From its exclusive setting in the heart of Manhattan, only steps from Central Park, our luxury hotel is just a short stroll away from nearly every style of cuisine imaginable. Rely on our knowledgeable hotel concierge to recommend a few of our favorite neighborhood dining spots, each of which is a long-cherished Central Park fixture.
- The Oak Room , a New York landmark and iconic meeting spot within The Plaza Hotel, is re-introducing elegance to Manhattan by providing an ideal option for the uptown crowd with reinvented American cuisine, courtesy of Executive Chef Eric Hara (10 Central Park South).
- Daniel , serving award-winning Chef Daniel Boulud’s seasonal French cuisine, in a newly renovated setting (50 East 65th Street, between Madison and Park Avenues).
- Felidia , a charming, warm restaurant opened by Lidia Mattachio Bastianich in 1981, featuring Northern Italian cuisine and wild game (243 East 58th Street, between Second and Third Avenues).
- Bottega del Vino , 7 East 59th St., between Fifth and Madison Aves., this Veronese Italian is a duplicate of the restaurant in Verona, with an extensive wine list, and fine dining. All Sherry guests are entitled to a 10% discount on food items.
- Marea , 240 Central Park South, between Broadway & Sevent Aves. Voted New York’s number 1 Italian restaurant, chef Michael White offers magnificent seafood cuisine.